Facing up the challenge of worn down and deteriorated concrete floors? Don’t worry, we have a solution for that. At Tampa Epoxy, we have a special dual service of resurfacing your concrete and applying a protective and durable layer of epoxy. This means that not only do we give you a new concrete surface to hide cracks and pits, but we also go the extra mile of applying epoxy to upgrade your flooring system. We provide this to residential, commercial, and industrial properties all over Tampa, Florida.
Excited to start your floor resurfacing project? We’re here to help you! Call (813) 518-8630 today to receive a free quote from us.
What is Concrete Resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing is the number one solution to give old and worn down concrete floors a breath of new life. Instead of having to replace your entire concrete slab (which is costly and time-consuming), you can instead choose to have the floor resurfaced, which will give you a new surface to work on and decorate.
When resurfacing concrete, we use a special compound called resurfacer, which is essential to the job. A resurfacer is a special mixture of concrete and a binding agent. It is vital that a resurfacer has a binding agent in it because concrete by itself will not stick to the surface of a concrete floor. That is why concrete cannot be used to resurface a floor; it will not bind to the surface when it dries and will thus just crumble off and leave a big mess.
At Tampa Epoxy, our concrete resurfacing service is combined with an epoxy floor coating after the application of the resurfacer. So while the concrete resurfacer is grey, you can add more design and color with the epoxy. The epoxy coating is critical to protecting the new resurfacer against further cracking and epoxy also provides a more durable surface that is easier to clean, stain-resistant, and visually appealing.
Tampa Epoxy Installation Process
1. Our signature two-in-one resurfacing and epoxy service begins with assessing the condition of the concrete floors. Because while a resurfacer can do a lot to cover up cracks, pits, and signs of age in the concrete, it cannot fix anything if the concrete slab itself is structurally unsound. That is why we make sure all the damage on the floors can be solved by a resurfacer.
2. Once we know the floors are ready for a resurfacing service, we thoroughly clean the floors. That means washing, scrubbing, vacuuming and making sure every piece of dust and dirt is taken off the floors. This allows the mixture of concrete and binding agent the opportunity to truly bind to the surface of the floors.
3. When the floors are clean, we are then able to see what kind of prep work needs to be done. At this point, we patch up all the cracks and fill in all the depressions that have formed over the years the slab has been used. We use a special epoxy patching compound that fills in cracks better than regular patching putty and it also provides a permanent solution to cracking to make sure nothing under the resurfacer cracks again.
4. After the floor has been thoroughly prepped, we spread the resurfacer on top of the floors. The amount of resurfacer we use on the floors depends on the size of the area as well as how much is needed to cover up the floors. This is then trowelled onto the surface evenly and smoothly to give us a good base for the application of the epoxy. Resurfacers can take up to 6 hours to fully dry.
5. When it has finished drying, we will start preparing the floor for the epoxy application. Epoxy can be quite delicate in application, so we will go over the resurfacer with a vacuum again to make sure there is no dust or dirt on the surface or in any of the corners.
6. We then apply our epoxy floor coating that we only source from the best manufacturers in Tampa. You can choose what color of epoxy you want, the finish or shine on it, as well as any additional effects you would like to add. Epoxy is applied in layers, and we typically apply three layers depending on the needs of our customers.
7. Once the epoxy has dried, we apply a top coat sealer to lock it all in and protect the floors even more.